Membership Answers

Who can be a member?

Allegiance Credit Union's membership is open to anyone who resides, works, worships or attends school in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Statistical Area. This area consists of the following six counties: Logan, Canadian, Oklahoma, Cleveland, McClain and Pottawatomie. Additionally, membership is offered to any active employee of the federal government whose post of duty is in Oklahoma, including members of the Oklahoma National Guard, retirees, and un-remarrried widows or widowers. Faculty and staff of SWOSU are also eligible for membership.

Branching from a member can then extend to the spouse, parents of the spouse, the member's parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and the member's brothers and sisters. By signing a membership card and opening a share savings account with a $5.00 minimum deposit, you become a member and part-owner of Allegiance Credit Union. You may remain a member for life, even if you change jobs, relocate or retire.

Is my family eligible for membership?

Yes. You, as a primary member, make your family eligible if they are:

  • The spouse of the primary member.
  • Children of either primary member or spouse, including adopted and step children.
  • Dependent relatives living in the same household
  • Parents of primary member or spouse
  • Brothers and sisters of primary member or spouse
  • Grandchildren of primary member or spouse
  • Spouses of children of primary member or spouse

How do I change my address?

Change your address online by logging onto Allegiance Online, select "Preferences" and then click "contact information". You can also mail us a hand written address change request, with your signature and account number, or use the Change of Address Form provided. Mail written requests to P.O. Box 57020, Oklahoma City, OK 73157-7020. Our fax number is (405) 491-6121.

How do I change my name on my account?

You must provide proof of name change, marriage license, divorce decree, or a current driver's license with your new name, and sign a new account card with your new signature. You can contact the new accounts representative for a new signature card or with any questions.