Overdraft Privilege Program
We all make mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes involve using our debit card or writing a check for money that isn't available in our credit union account. With Allegiance's Overdraft Privilege Program, we have your back should you inadvertently overdraw your account. The Overdraft Privilege Program will generally cover a negative balance of up to $750*, so you can relax if you have the occasional "oops".
8 Reasons You'll Appreciate Overdraft Privilege
- You made an honest mistake balancing your account and now you're short of funds.
- A deposit you expected was delayed.
- Unforeseen expenses drained your account balance.
- Less likely to pay a merchant's expensive returned-item charge.
- You also may avoid the embarrassment of a declined debit card transaction or a "bounced" check.
- You have greater flexibility managing your money.
- Added convenience.
- Other than our normal non-sufficient funds charges (as set forth in our fee schedules), there's no additional fee for this extra service.
*Overdraft Privilege is always a discretionary service. The service does not constitute an actual or implied agreement between you and the credit union. Nor does it constitute an actual or implied obligation of or by the credit union. This service represents a purely discretionary courtesy that the credit union may provide to you from time to time and which may be withdrawn or withheld by the credit union at any time without prior notice, reason or cause. You will be notified in writing when your request is received and again when your account qualifies.